Most Recent Updates
HEALTH INSURANCE UPDATES-
- The penalty is still in affect for the 2018 tax year.
- Please bring the 1095 forms for yourself, your spouse and all of your dependents.
- Calculating Penalty (use the greater of the two methods-
- Your family's flat dollar amount, which is $695.00 per adult and $347.50 per child, limited to a family maximum of $2,085.00.
- Two percent of your household income that is above the tax return filing threshold for your filing status; or
How to identify phone scams. IRS does not:
- Call you about taxes you owe without first mailing you an official notice.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for you taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
If you have any questions please call our office or check out the IRS website at www.IRS.gov.
Starting January 1, 2019, NYS minimum wage will increase. As of this date the minimum will be $11.10 per hour.